Facebook is a great way to get traffic. We’ve all heard that a million times, right?
Well there’s two sides to Facebook… There’s the free traffic methods you can use with it and there are the paid traffic methods you can use with it.
Today let’s talk about the free ways to use Facebook to get traffic! Below you’ll find tactics that I’ve used and know to work. I’ll add to this post as I find more…
1. Network and build your friends list – Before you do anything on Facebook you need to build your friends list with people who are interested in what you have to offer. The best way to do this is to find groups related to your niche, participate in them, and add people from those groups to your friend list.
By doing this when you post stuff to Facebook they will see it. I recommend spending 20-30 minutes each and every day doing this! Nothing you do on Facebook as far as using it to get free traffic will work unless you have a group of people on your friends list that are interested in your niche.
2. Interact in Facebook groups – I mentioned using Facebook groups above, but there are a few ways to use them. With this tactic you need to find Facebook groups related to your niche, interact in them, and when you can post content that leads to your offers. Just be sure that you are allowed to do so and don’t be a jackass about doing it either. BE HELPFUL and not spammy!
3. Create your own Facebook group – A great way to get your offers in front of people is to create a Facebook group of your own related to your niche. Interact in your group, build a tribe, and put your offers and content in front of your group members. Again… BE HELPFUL and NOT spammy!
4. Post content to your Facebook timeline – Now there’s a way you need to do this so that Facebook doesn’t “penalize” you. Facebook HATES to give their traffic away for free. So if you post something and directly put a link into the post they don’t show it to as many of your friends. So is what you need to do is make an intriguing post and then tell people that the link to what you’re talking about is in the comments.
To successfully do this you need to…
a: Make sure your post makes people REALLY want to see what you’re talking about.
b: Use an image to make them stop and read your post
c: Get them to interact – The more likes and shares you get the more of your friends list will see your post
Here’s an example of me doing this on my Facebook page >>> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1028366827186616
Note: Hopefully you’ll be able to see that post. Sometimes Facebook is silly. 🙁
5. Create a Facebook fanpage – Now this is a HUGE undertaking with some serious strategy behind it and it’s not for everyone. If you’re a leader in your niche or you’re trying to build a following behind your brand then this is for you. The short of it is…
Setup a fanpage, provide awesome content, and get people to interact. If you don’t get people to interact no one will ever see your content or become a fan of your page. Because of how much goes into this we will be talking about it more and devoting blog posts and tutorials on how to do it, but I just wanted to quickly mention it here.
6. Make it easy for people to share your content – There are a ton of plugins out there that you can use on your blog that put share buttons on your posts. By using these you’re making it easy for people to share your stuff through social networks. Like at the bottom of this post. 🙂
Also when you post your content on Facebook make sure that you ASK PEOPLE TO SHARE IT! I know mind blowing… 🙂 Seriously, you’ve got to ask people to share your content!
7. Have a contest – You’ve probably heard of this tactic before and although I’m listing it in the “free methods” of Facebook advertising you will probably have to pay for a solution to run your contest. But the basics of this tactic is you give something super cool and desirable away for free in turn for people sharing your content, liking your content, etc.
For example: You have a new ebook that’s about living a vegan lifestyle. You could run a contest giving away something related that is super cool and something people in that niche would REALLY REALLY REALLY want. Get them to share your page about your new ebook and that enters them into your contest.
Now this is another tactic that does take a lot of work and something I’ll be devoting more blog posts and tutorials to because there’s a lot that goes into it.
Okay as I said, I’ll be adding more to this as I try more free Facebook traffic tactics. Until then if you have questions about any of these tactics, have advice of your own, or anything else please leave your feedback/questions in the comments section below!
P.S. Need help with using Facebook in your marketing? Hire me as your personal coach for one low monthly fee AND get a ton of other benefits while you’re at it! I have just recently re-opened my LessonsWithLiz.com membership and invite you to take me on as your personal coach! Check this out >>>http://www.LessonsWithLiz.com